cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with cabling , landline installation etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi signed up to VM on a deal this wek and was advised could take quickstart option as property had cable services previously.

I've got the broadband working and the virgin 360 boxes, but can't get the landline  phone going as it's not practicable to have the phone situated near the router and the sockets in the wall, (NTL don't work)

i need someone from vm to arrange to install the landline service properly for me, at a suitable location in the flat, and secondly the wiring is excessively long, like 3 meters of excess wiring sitting behind tv, and untidy e.g. Splitter isn't even screwed in against the wall, and not secured around skirting etc. 

How do i go about getting an installer out from VM to sort these issues out?

2 REPLIES 2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jeanie1934,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced, regarding the landline it will need to be connected via the fibre line as the sockets wouldn't work.

We can arrange a technician however to co locate it, I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Landline services for all providers are going through a Digital Switchover process over the next few years. By 2025 all landines will be internet based, & hence plug directly into a Broadband hub rather than a seperate socket. You can have your master socket wired to the hub if you wish, but in most cases this will leave an exposed trailing wire between the two. The other option is DECT cordless handsets which are completely portable around the home.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks