cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with cancellation and compensation

Frustrated-x10
On our wavelength
  • As previous post, Virgin cancelling my Ultimate volt installation 3 times and gave another new installation for end of April 2023 I've had lies, phone calls transferring from one department to another repeating the same questions over and over again. Then cut off or just left hanging on and on and on with no one getting back to me.

I decided I'd had enough and last week rejoined Sky.

Typically this afternoon comex turns up unannounced and connected to my property. I do not want the connection from brown box going any further or any drilling to take place.

I even had a text.....

Hi, it's Virgin Media. Great news. The external work has been completed, so you're all set for your installation on null at null. Please make sure someone over the age of 18 is home. See you then!

You couldn't make it up.

I now want to cancel Virgin contract, I've already spent ages on phone this afternoon and WhatsApp trying to cancel with no luck.

Do I use the Winchester address that's at bottom of contract, but that says cancel within 14 days, which I haven't even been connected yet, or is the Sunderland one best.

As for compensation, do I still get it, even though the contract states provisional installation date 2nd Feb 2023, as I've read virgin try to get out of paying because of the provisional installation wording

• Thanks for any assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Frustrated-x10 

If cancelling by post you should use the Sunderland address

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

You can also try speaking to sales on 0800 064 3850, retentions on 0800 952 2277, or pre-installs on 0800 052 1734

You need to include that you are seeking compensation for failed installation when speaking.writing to VM and quote 

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation 

Credits for delay in activation of a fixed line or broadband service

also Credit for a missed engineer appointment relating to the installation or repair of a fixed line or broadband service

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Frustrated-x10 

If cancelling by post you should use the Sunderland address

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

You can also try speaking to sales on 0800 064 3850, retentions on 0800 952 2277, or pre-installs on 0800 052 1734

You need to include that you are seeking compensation for failed installation when speaking.writing to VM and quote 

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation 

Credits for delay in activation of a fixed line or broadband service

also Credit for a missed engineer appointment relating to the installation or repair of a fixed line or broadband service

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks newapollo, 

I actually got a cancellation by phone 8am today, and was only passed to 2 departments beforehand and went through immediately with email confirmation.

I didn't think to ask for compensation as I was shocked the phone call never disconnected like almost every other time I've rang in.

Minutes later I get this email...

We’re really sorry about the delay to your installation.

We think holding our hands up when things go wrong is just as important as getting them right in the first place. That’s why you’ll see a credit on your next bill to make up for the delay. The credit you get will be £5.25 for every day’s delay that was our fault. It’ll be shown as a breakdown on your bill......

Unfortunately a credit to my next bill will be no good as I've cancelled services, so presume I've got to get on the phone to them again to see if they'll send cheque or straight to my bank.

Yes, you'll have to contact VM.  But expect them to deny that you're entitled to compensation, they have an appalling track record as shown in this forum. 

Probably best to do a written complaint asking for the compensation (to the same Sunderland address as cancellations) asking for the compo, if they don't pay up then you escalate the matter to Ombudsman Services.  

Morning Frustrated-x10,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear of the experience you've had.

So I can discuss your complaint in more detail, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm