cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please - brown box

Fallout76
Tuning in

Hello,

I rang virgin media last Monday to report that the brown box outside my home was hanging off the wall & was told someone come out & fix it.

It is now a week later & no one has been to repair it & now it is even worse, all the cables are hanging out, I still have an internet connection, which is very surprising considering the condition  it is now.

Can someone please help before it gets any worse?

Thanks,

Steve.

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a photo to allow VM to ascertain the damage and to help the Technician arrive with the correct parts.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.  Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fallout76

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear and see of the omnibox issue. This does need a tech visit so I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello Community,

I live on a very busy public street & my Omniibox is very flimsy & open to abuse, I'm sure kids are kicking them as they pass! I have noticed a lot of brown boxes in my area that are hanging off the wall!

Is there any way to make these safer? I am an OAP & not very good ay DIY, but if there is someone in my area that could maybe fit some kind of metal cage over the plastic box, I will pay to have that done. I have read in other posts that Virgin are charging customers £25 a time to repair these boxes, which I find disgusting as I said they are very flimsy & open to abuse by passers by!

I am very happy with my Virgin Broadband, but if this is something that constantly happens, I will be looking elsewhere when my contract ends.

Stephen.

Thanks for coming back to us @Fallout76, I have looked into the system and can see that an engineer has visited you over the last few days.

Has the omnibox now been repaired to your satisfaction?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, thank you.

Hi @Fallout76

Thank you for getting back to us to let us know.

Please do get back in touch if there is anything we can do to help in future. 

All the best. 

Molly