Menu
ethan9482
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help needed with intermittent connection

Hi

I have a Superhub 3 and the last 2 weeks or so my connection has been massively erratic dropping down to <1Mb and then 20 minutes later will go back to full speed with nothing changed. I have reset all of my equipment and network at home, done all of the troubleshooting I can think of, used different systems, connected by wifi / wired.

I used broadband quality monitor and got a reasonable output but with a lot of latency spikes and jitter.

Looking online for a solution the next thing I checked was my up / downstream and log.

I get a reasonably regular message saying 'critical' no ranging response received.

I have attached the up and downstream figures and from what I have read it suggests that the downstream are a bit further out than they should be, but this is where my knowledge fades a bit - can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to do or do I need to organise an engineer?

Thanks!DownstreamDownstreamUpstreamUpstream 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help needed with intermittent connection

You're correct the power levels are poor.  There's nothing you can do about those, but I'll flag this for staff to take a look, and if need be they'll book a technician visit for you.

ethan9482
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thanks so much for the quick reply. 

Do I need to do anything more in terms of a call out or do they have my account details to contact if needed?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes they can trace the account by the email address you've registered for the forum, but they can also confirm any required details by PM if needed.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ethan9482,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the broadband service. 

To be able to look into this further. I will private message you.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your engineer appointment is all booked in for you. 

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

^Martin

0 Kudos