Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help migrating to a new modem

My mum was recently sent a new cable modem for her installation... as I was there for a family funeral I installed this for her as she does not like to mess about with wiring. Despite waiting 30 minutes for the modem to register it still comes up as Blocked in the status page.

Can a member of Virgin staff help me deal with the migration please ? I am no longer at their house but I have the account details, password, and the serial number/MAC addresses of both the old and new modem. I can get her to power cycle the modem when done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help migrating to a new modem

I will flag for VM to take a look - keep checking back here.

In the meantime can you try the Activation line and see if they can do it.

0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I would rather deal with it here as I have issues making phone calls (personal, mental health reasons) - plus I hate reading out MAC addresses over the phone! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @jaycee1980,

Sorry to hear of the issues that your mum is having with the new modem.

I will drop you a private message over in a moment, so that we can get the account information for your mum and get the issue looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L