cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting connected in our new build - we're at our wit's end

davefoy
On our wavelength

We've built a new house and moved in a couple of weeks ago now. Our whole house is wired with Virgin cable, ready for connection.

The cabinet is outside and all the ducting is in place. According to the developers, the outside infrastructure has been in place for over a month now, and Virgin know that.

For a few months we've been promised by our local Virgin new build account manager that we'll be able to be connected easily and quickly when we're ready to move in. And yet now the time has come, he's stopped replying to our emails or calls, for many weeks now actually. He's simply disappeared. 

We've also tried emailing any new build-related email addresses we can find (newhomesupportteam@virginmedia.co.uk and nhreferral@virginmedia.co.uk). We keep getting the same reply from them: "We are currently activating the cabinet followed by our final process of administration which can take up to 5-10 working days". 

They told us that 3 weeks ago... then 11 days ago... then the same today.

We're at our wit's end. We desperately need internet, I rely on it for my job. I'm getting by with a 4G SIM router at the moment but it's very slow and unreliable. 

Can anyone PLEASE help us? We don't know where else to turn.

Thank you in advance. 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem. I’ll pop over a private message and we’ll see what we can do for you.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your having difficulties in getting installed.

Is this for moving your services or are you wishing to sign up to new services?

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

davefoy
On our wavelength
Thanks so much for the speedy reply, Christy!

We're trying to sign up to Virgin from new. We've never been customers before.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem. I’ll pop over a private message and we’ll see what we can do for you.

Thanks,

Christy

davefoy
On our wavelength
Thank you SO much. I could cry getting a quick and sensible response!

davefoy
On our wavelength

HUGE thanks to Christy for stepping in and helping with this. Almost immediately after she made some enquiries on our behalf, everything started happening, after months of being told things and then nothing happened. We now have our service connection appointment booked in and couldn't be happier. 

Thanks again Christy!

That's great to hear @davefoy 🙂 

Thank you for the lovely feedback for @Christy_D

Please let us know how the installation goes. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I am having a terrible time getting through to the National Home Builders team to simply confirm whether the new build I am moving into in less than 2 weeks has the works completed to allow Virgin Media to be installed.

Their phone number is down, I am getting no response from their email address left in their auto message. No other team can help and this feels like a brick wall.

Can someone please help?

Hi @thefalken, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've not had confirmation, regarding the readiness of your new property, to receive Virgin Media services. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R