cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Newbie - connections old cable and wireless box - Broadband

Deluxe_65
Settling in

HI Just moved into new place - Virgin Media was previously installed - I have Just signed up for Broadband only. the wall box is old and labelled Cable and wireless - It has two outputs - one tabled TV and one labelled FM.

the TV output already has a cable attached to it which goes out to where the previous owner had a TV the FM has some kind of adaptor on it - both are jammed on  - what do I do?! HELP

IMG_3955.jpeg.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do not need to add the isolator supplied in the kit, as you can see the wall box includes one. The “item” on the Radio socket is a terminator and should remain in place. The cable cable on the TV socket should unscrew with a spanner or pair of pliers, alternatively you could use the existing cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Deluxe_65
Settling in
As in do I try and remove the TV cable and attach the Isolator cable will that work or do I need an engineer to install a new wall box?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do not need to add the isolator supplied in the kit, as you can see the wall box includes one. The “item” on the Radio socket is a terminator and should remain in place. The cable cable on the TV socket should unscrew with a spanner or pair of pliers, alternatively you could use the existing cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks have decided to use the old cable and its connecting - obvious really! thanks though for the help!

Hi there @Deluxe_65

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

Huge thank you to @Tudor for their advise and help on this.

I just wanted to check how things were looking now?

Thank you.