Menu
Mohamed004
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Help I couldnt find virgin media's omnibox and wall socket on my house,what should i do?

Hi virgin media community

I am new at virgin media i made my order yesterday friday and it suggested me self install, couldnt find an omnibox and a wall socket, i did find a small virgin media socket and a virgin media wifi/password sticker 

IMG_20210410_105534.jpg

IMG_20210410_105737.jpg

  

I also followed the small sockets cable 

IMG_20210410_105646.jpg

 And let me outside

IMG_20210410_110425.jpg

 And there is nothing here

There most have been a previous virgin media customer, only a small socket of virgin media is in the house, my order will arive at 13/4 what should i do?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help I couldnt find virgin media's omnibox and wall socket on my house,what should i do?

its the connection in the 3rd image
Mohamed004
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help I couldnt find virgin media's omnibox and wall socket on my house,what should i do?

So later how should i connect, i did see that it requires a wall socket to connect on. Could you tell how?               Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

disconnect the bottom screw connection and connect to that.

That isolator is what would normally be in the wall box that has been removed
Mohamed004
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank for your time and thank for your help, i will try on that after my order has arrived 👍

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

lets us know how you get on
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Mohamed004 wrote:

Hi virgin media community

<snip> 

I also followed the small sockets cable 

IMG_20210410_105646.jpg

The thick white cable that is connected to the old isolator. Where does the other end go to ?  You may be able to connect your quickstart kit to that end as an alternative.

BrianY
Rising star
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone see an exterior cable box, looks clean from here?
Mohamed004
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20210410_143146.jpg

 This is the end of the thick white cable it was not connected on anything, is it possible for me to connect this end to my quickstart kit?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you can connect that into the hub but if you have a splitter cable for tv as well that will not work