Menu
bromham
Fibre optic
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgin contacted my previous provider?

Yes, although it's possible to have a copper pair for VDSL broadband without a telephone service provided on the line. There's no need for broadband over copper pair to imply telephone line.

My point is simply that landline telephone lines are becoming increasingly irrelevant. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

hence why i said "landline" and not "telephone" line.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@bromham wrote:

Yes, although it's possible to have a copper pair for VDSL broadband without a telephone service provided on the line. There's no need for broadband over copper pair to imply telephone line.

For decades it's been a requirement to have a working phone line to get DSL broadband, and it's still needed in the majority of cases. So, I think that most people certainly consider broadband over copper pair to imply a telephone line.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
CC_Ops
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am a BT to VM customer..... I got a text from BT after signing up for VM services. (I wanted to bring over my number)

I called to check this was right and VM had informed BT and their is nothing I need to do. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes but only if you port the number. VM didn't cancel your bt account. BT cancelled it when the number was ported.
If you didn't take you number you would still have both accounts active and have to cancel BT yourself

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped