Menu
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have all the bugs been sorted on hub 3?

Hopefully, tomorrow I will get my 3rd replacement hub 3 as the present one has now suffered the infamous Internet: (Access denied) bug again. 

Many of the people that I found talking about on the net suggested that because of the Hub's problems with the software and the Puma chip set, it is better to put it into modem mode and buy a decent router to plug into it. Has anyone done this and found it improved the situation?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have all the bugs been sorted on hub 3?

If you have had serious problems with three Hubs then it's likely there is a different issue somewhere else.

Have you checked the Hub stats? Can you post them here? 

You will always get better WiFi performance with a separate router, or just a wireless access point. 

0 Kudos
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Best I could do from my phone. If not helpful, I can do it when I get home from 5he hospital.Screenshot_20190728-211915.png

Screenshot_20190728-212030.png

Screenshot_20190728-213352.png

The engineer is coming between 4 to 7pm tomorrow.

Kind regards Barry.

0 Kudos
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like PNG screenshots aren't suitable. Have to be tomorrow I'm afraid as I have to be up early for the hospital.

Regards, Barry

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Graphics have to wait for moderator clearance.

Let us know what the engineer says

0 Kudos
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jpeg1,

Well my internet is back at the moment. An engineer that had been booked by a neighbor for the same problem, in the same block of flats, was on site when I got home. It appears there was an extremely low signal an he is at present replacing an item that is faulty. The virgin website is still claiming know known issues. He also advised me to keep the appointment so the engineer can check my signal strength etc.

Would be nice, and good customer service, if VM were more honest and open with their customers. Had I been told there was a known issue with my block of flats and an engineer had been booked for Monday morning, I would not have booked an engineer also.

Anyway, seems like the technical problem is sorted, fingers crossed.

Kind regards,

BarryS1

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

the virgin website won't show any known issues unless it is affecting a large number of customer.
a localised issue won't ever show up as a known issue.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As well as the “check service,” weblink (which as chenks says may not show anything) there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, had all 18 flats reported the problem we could have had 18 engineers here today instead of 2.

0 Kudos
BarryS1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos