cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have all TV channels but No WiFi

TeddyTRK
Superfast

Hub 5 is flashing blue, recently had a cable re-pull and WiFi has not worked since. All channels are available, including Movies, Sports and Kids TV. I find this odd since they're connected to a 3 way splitter and only the TV channels are working. The Hub 5 seems to be displaying the lack of or no signal reaching the Hub.

I tested it with a Hub 4 too, which flashed red

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.
7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TeddyTRK 

You can't have two live working hubs. The hub 4 should have been deactivated when you you installed and activated the hub 5.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page to see if there any known broadband problems? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The live TV channels aren't carried over the internet so wouldn't be affected, however On Demand, Catch Up services and streaming apps shouldn't work if you have no internet signal.

Are the On Demand/Catch Up and apps via  your 360 boxes working? 

Have you tried rebooting  or factory resetting your  hub 5 as the blue light usually indicated that the WPS button has been pressed and it's trying to pair a device.

If you can log into the hub interface 192.168.0.1 then Admin > Reload & Reboot >  Restore Default (to factory reset)  or just Reboot.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have checked the status and it says my hub is not connected properly. However, I have not touched the wires since the cable pull happened. Exactly the same as it was before. 

I had an old Hub 4 that I still have not received packaging to send back, so I unplugged my Hub 5 and relaced it temporary, to test if my Hub 5 was playing up. But the same issue occured (only difference is the Hub 5 flashes blue and the Hub 4 flashed red)

I know the blue light means the WPS button has been pushed but, no matter how many factory resets it still flashes blue. No ethernet or phone cables plugged in either. Only playing up since the cable pull.

Can not access 192.168.0.1 as the Ethernet is not working on the hub either

Edward | VM 1 Gig Volt Package | Telephone | Hub 5 | VM 360 box | VM 360 Multi-Room x2 | I do not work for Virgin Media, all opinions are my own.

UPDATE:

I have access to 192.168.0.1 and it says "Requesting CM IP address" next to the internet

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @TeddyTRK 

When you log into 192.168.01 can you navigate to Admin > Info

If you can open that page please check the Cable MAC address and Cable modem serial number in the top section under Hub 5 device information match those on the base of the hub 5.

If they do then it sounds like it hasn't been activated correctly.

Those details  might also still match those of the older hub 4 which will mean that hub should still be active.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

MAC and Serial codes match the Hub 5

I appear to have no IPv4 address either. Network Access states "Not Allowed"

Hi @TeddyTRK

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of the issues you've had with this hub/re-pull.

I've done a system check and can see you've had a tech visit since posting and they replaced the hub for you.

I hope this means everything is sorted but do let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill