Menu
Chrisbt2876
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Had enough of VM. Can’t get any assistance at all

Hello

First of all I have been a VM customer for many years so when my daughter got her first flat I suggested she go with VM for her WiFi and tv….. what a huge mistake that has turned out to be.

first of all she was supposed to have an engineer visit in the AM.  She took morning off work and lost pay only to get an email cancelling the visit at approx 1130

a couple of days later she arrived home to find the VM box of goodies sat on top of her bin …. Lucky it was still there !, 

so we plug everything in and can’t get it to work.  We go through all the online help and still get nowhere.  The combination of lights we have on the router don’t exist in the help pages.

someone on this forum suggested that the equipment needed to be activated.   Did that ….. still can’t get internet…. I can see the WiFi on my phone but can’t connect to internet.

now my daughter has ADHD and Asbugers so will not deal with things like this so I have been calling to try to get help or an engineers visit.  

basically I have now hit a brick wall…. No one will help or book a visit without my daughters memorable word.   She is adamant that she hasn’t set one up and is becoming more and more frustrated when I asker for this 

I have just spoken to someone at VM who has told me that the can’t help or book a visit without this word

so now we are stuck with a load of kit that doesn’t work and VM won’t help

im going to try reasoning with them one more time and if nothing is sorted all the kit will be boxed up and left outside on the bin where we found it !,  I will also be cancelling my contract 

everything in the media at the moment about mental Heath…. Well done for understanding VM …. You are happy to take her money but won’t help get the thing working ,,,

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had enough of VM. Can’t get any assistance at all

Hi there @Chrisbt2876

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened with your daughters account! 

Although there are many things we do require either DPA with a third party to be passed or only with the account holder themselves, we can arrange engineer appointments for faults when they are present! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can look into this together and hopefully get something sorted! 

Please keep and eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message received. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Chrisbt2876
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had enough of VM. Can’t get any assistance at all

Pm sent

0 Kudos