cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 Install

Dansgramps
Tuning in

I am having a Hub 4 supplied by way of Quickstart.  I currently have a Hub 2. The new hub is being delivered 3 Nov. I have looked at the installation guides on You Tube and it appears a new type of cable with different coloured ends must be used to connect the Hub 4 to the wall box.

My problem is that the site the Hub will be placed is some 3 meters plus from the wall box. This is how it was arranged some years ago on installation by a Virgin engineer. I am concerned the new cable will not be long enough and wonder if I should leave things as they are and refuse delivery of the new Hub 4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t worry about the install guide, you can certainly use the existing cable. Just unplug from present hub and plug into new one, done.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t worry about the install guide, you can certainly use the existing cable. Just unplug from present hub and plug into new one, done.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dansgramps.

Hope you are okay.

Just a quick message to see how the new hub is?

Were you able to install this okay?

Gareth_L

Not installed - problems with the order. I am waiting for retentions to get back to me - they promised to yesterday evening!

Morning Dansgramps

I can see from the system check you've spoke to the team and got this resolved.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill