cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 stuck in modem mode!

EddiesBestPlate
Joining in

Following endless micro-disconnects when not in modem mode, I went into modem mode. But Now I am stuck as when logging into the router (via 192.168.100.1) I cant click on "modem mode", the page loads forever before telling me it cant be reached (took too long to respond), but the link at the top is also changed to "http://192.168.0.1:5422/?tool_troubleshoot&mid=Troubleshoot"

So the page to turn off modem mode is broken because the main page thinks its 192.168.0.1 and not the modem mode IP. How to fix this?

And also what is it with these micro-resets of the internet? It's now impossible to stream as the connection will keep dropping out for like 10 seconds or so at a time!

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You've tried a pinhole reset?  Make sure you use something like an unbent paperclip, have the hub powered on, and press the pinhole switch and hold whilst counting to thirty.  Hub should then come back up in router mode, but with any custom settings reset to defaults, so the out of the box status.

Yes it's reset back into router mode, and cant even go a full 24 hours without having the 5-10 second disconnects of service. Yay.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EddiesBestPlate wrote:

Yes it's reset back into router mode, and cant even go a full 24 hours without having the 5-10 second disconnects of service. Yay.

Wired or Wifi connections?   If it's wifi, try splitting the SSID and manually choosing the bands for each wifi device.   Also disable the Smart Optimisation on the wifi.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When in modem mode the device is accessible via the IP 192.168.100.1

With regards to disconnects, I found I had to disable the smart optimization and set a fixed channel for the wifi networks (and also separate the SSIDs)

For some reason my hub would always disconnect devices when it performed a channel search and so setting it to a fixed channel fixed these issues

Hi s88urd,

I'm pleased to hear that your connection seems to have improved after altering some settings on your hub. From here, I can actually see that you're affected by a short term issue which may cause you an intermittent connection and slow speeds. However this issue should be cleared within 24 hours, so please do let us know if you need any help from then.

Kind regards

Beth