Menu
andybol03
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HELP!! Hub 3 failure

Hopefully someone at Virgin will pick this up and help me Smiley Frustrated

I have a Hub 3 and over the last month the hub has been losing connectivity at various times (normally the most crucial). Each time I reboot it and it then works fine for a few days then it happens again.

Last week I spoke to someone in the call centre who did lots of checks and said yes there is an issue with the router but we have to try a full reset first, if that fails then call back and they will send a router.

It failed again (3 times so far this week) so I called to request a router. I was told by the offshore call centre that no they wont sen me one as there is  network fault in the area???? I have to call back when this is fixed then they will run checks but wont commit to sending me a router. I explained that this is irrelevant as its 4 weeks since the problem started not just today when they have problems. Wasting my breath with a guy who just wouldn't listen.

Can someone please tell me how I can get this replaced as I work from home so losing connectivity is a real issue and this situation is getting very frustrating. I've been a customer a long time and when I had a similar problem years ago I had a new router in a matter of days.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP!! Hub 3 failure

Hello andybol3

Thanks for posting on the forum and welcome to the community. Disappointing to hear of the Hub issue and experience whilst trying to get this resolved. When you were advised of an area issue were yo given a fault reference or is there anything reported here virg.in/service that may explain the problems and provide an estimated fix time?

Whilst on that page you can also log in using your online account details and run some diagnostic tests on your connection and equipment. If you could check these and get back to us we're eager to support you with this.

​​​​​​​Rob

0 Kudos
andybol03
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert

Its only today that there is an area issue (Area 31) and ironically it hasn't dropped out (yet!). On Tuesday it happened 3 times. There hasn't been anything shown on the service page over the last few weeks when this has been happening. The call handler said last week there was a router issue which is why it was reset but to no avail. Up until last week I would log in and run the diagnostics by which time the Internet cam back on but I cant keep doing that. There is something wrong with the equipment rather than the incoming signal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

From what you have said it sounds like the drop outs are quite short, do they happen at certain times ie peak time? What is the estimated fix time for the area issue?

Rob

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

First set up a free BQM to monitor the quality of your connection 24/7.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Then check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!). Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here --- the downstream, upstream, & network logs. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read,& don’t include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
andybol03
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The drop outs are rectified by a reboot of the router every time so the length of time depends on how quick I notice and reboot.

Area fix is estimated at 18:00 but as I said before I don't think that is the issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Has the area issue been resolved now andybol03?

Rob

0 Kudos
andybol03
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert 

According to the service status it is. Can I get a new hub now?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm happy to look into this for you, I will send you a Private Message to get some further details from you.

Rob

0 Kudos