Menu
ryantomeley
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI splitter Cat 6

So I have connected the neet extenders both connected via Cat 5e and Cat 6. Cannot get any signal through the V6 box even if I downgrade the output to 1080. I have just connected the HDMI to my Blu-ray player and get signal perfect to 2nd TV via the neet extenders. I guess the problem is with the V6 box. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If the V6 box has an option to set the output to 720p give that a go and see if it works.
0 Kudos
ryantomeley
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Even changing settings all the way down to 720p no signal. Although when I rebooted the box I got the startup showing on 2nd TV but then went dead.

Maybe worth an option to downgrade box to TiVo instead.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting the startup on the 2nd TV I wonder if it's down to a HDCP issue as the startup will likely show before HDCP has initialised.

It's unlikely the box has a setting to disable HDCP as this'd allow for piracy, and it's likely the extender only supports HDCP 1.4, in which case you'll need to buy a HDCP 2.2 to HDCP 1.4 downgrader which conveniently enough Neet also seem to sell. However this is only a theory as to what the issue might be based on available data.
0 Kudos
ryantomeley
Joining in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This was my next thought and seen on previous threads, will now doesn’t more money with Neet! Thanks for your help will report back

0 Kudos
ryantomeley
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved must of been the HDCP causing the issue. Got a cheap 4K splitter from eBay and now all working in Lounge and kitchen extension.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@DreamOfCheese wrote:
If you're getting the startup on the 2nd TV I wonder if it's down to a HDCP issue as the startup will likely show before HDCP has initialised.

It's unlikely the box has a setting to disable HDCP as this'd allow for piracy, and it's likely the extender only supports HDCP 1.4, in which case you'll need to buy a HDCP 2.2 to HDCP 1.4 downgrader which conveniently enough Neet also seem to sell. However this is only a theory as to what the issue might be based on available data.

HDCP is defeated with a £10 HDCP "splitter" from ebay, i had to use one to connect my PS3 via HDMI to a PC capture card, HDCP is a joke as far as content protection goes

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't really matter how easily YOU can defeat it, it would however matter if Virgin gave an option to disable it on their box, no content provider would license their content to Virgin anymore.

But yes, the PS3 would only have as high as HDCP 1.4 which is entirely broken now and the encryption keys leaked, HDCP 2.2 is less so, but still can just be.
0 Kudos