Menu
Patc57
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Green markings on nearby street

Hello,

Not sure the best place to ask this but it seems my area (or at least the street at the top of my road) in Sheffield is having new installation work done by Virgin (green markings on the pavements and VM have been posting leaflets through their doors - one showed up on a community Facebook group I subscribe to). Is there a way to know if their expansion plans include where I live? I’ve tried the standard postcode checker and computer says no but I tried a postcode which has got the work being done outside of it aswell and it also said no. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green markings on nearby street

the postcode checker only lists properties that have a "live" status for being serviceable.
it doesn't list properties that are in an area where work is being carried out (or proposed to be carried out).

the easiest way is to probably look at your local planning dept website to see what roadworks have been approved. there is also a website that lists roadworks and who is carrying them out.
0 Kudos
Patc57
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much - found the appropriate page on Sheffield Council’s website and it only shows that particular road with works over the next month even if I select over the next 12 months. Can’t imagine they’re just going to dig up the roads for a handful of properties. Guess I’ll keep my eye out on that in case roadwork plans come in bit by bit.

I did come across a different thread in the meantime where a moderator was able to actually ask the right people, does anyone still do that?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patc57, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I can certainly see if I can get you some more information! I've popped you over a private message to get a few details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thank you Patc57 🙂

I've popped your details over to the team and will let you know of any updates.

Alex

0 Kudos