cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green light flashing on initial install

ol6556
Joining in

I’ve installed my hub 3 router for the first time today and the green light just keeps flashing. It has done for over a couple of hours now. 

The setup guide says it will flash green for a bit bit will then turn solid white one finished connecting. 

How do I fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ol6556 

Most hubs are pre-activated.  it's possible that your's still needs activating.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub. You will need the hub serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ol6556 

Most hubs are pre-activated.  it's possible that your's still needs activating.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub. You will need the hub serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks I will try that number.  I rang a number before and they said they had activated.  Also the wire they gave I don't have the plug for that one un wall so I just used the Internet cables.  Could it be that.  Thanks 

Hey Antonyc12321,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your new connection, have you been able to speak to the team at all to get this looked into further?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Channy1993
Joining in

Just installed mine. Just flashing green. Rang virgin they had to take my appointment off as my router didn't automatically say it's Been done. Bit nothing happening now. Been like this for few hours 

Hi @Channy1993 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issue that you are having with your Hub. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Has now been resolved. Thanks for your response 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this Channy1993,

I'm glad the matter is now resolved for you.

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up to the team!

Take care,

Kain