cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green flashing lights, first time installation, plusnet line also installed.

hly8131
Tuning in

I had virgin delivered yesterday for quick start, installed as instructed yet all I've got is the green flashing power light and a solid green WiFi light. 

I do have a plusnet fibre line also installed so I don't know if ones blocking the other but I've tried rebooting the virgin hub with no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Heidi

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly the hub has not been added to your account. Call

Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

When I spoke to virgin last night they said everything was showing as connected at their end. He activated the hub and sent the signal to it a few times. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the number as above from Tudor .  Your Plusnet will be completely separate and will not interfere with VM cable. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's what I thought but I got lost in the rabbit hole of the internet trying to find the answer and there was mentions of static ips and ipv4, all of which I have no clue about...I shall call them again today lol

Thank you. 

can i ask how did you solve the problem?
I think im facing the same one. 

It turns out the line had been cut through when the previous owners done the front garden. We had to have an engineer out who repaired the line in a few hours. Unfortunately there was no quick fix. 

Hi LemonteaNocup,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

Have you been able to get this resolved?

^Martin

I’m glad you asked. 

CS center is fine he didn’t give me too much trouble and booked me a technician 4 days later. It sucks coz I just moved in and this area has pretty bad phone signal but I can survive 4 days without network.

First technician arrived on time. He did something checking and said the cable outside of my house is damaged however he cannot fix it. He said he will send something to fix it on the same day, he also said I don’t have to be here because everything in my house is ready to go, once the next technician finish replacing the cable it’s done. He said I will be told when it’s done or a card will be left to let me know if I’m not in the house.

Here is the nightmare starts. The next technician did arrived on the same day. After they left nobody telling me anything. And I still don’t have network so I thought oh maybe they haven’t finish their job, maybe they just went to lunch so I patiently wait.

5 hours nobody come back, no card is left, no notification, no network.

I called customer service again they said the maintenance file is still active. He has no authority to close file or send another technician. He suggested me calling 0800 052 5738 but they are close already their operating hour starts at 8.

Next day 8:03 I called the number. I spent 35 mins explained my situation to 4 different persons and they kept transferring me to a different team (and wrong team). The most ridiculous thing is the last guy said I should call 0800 052 5738, which is exactly the number I am calling. I was so tilt hearing he said that I asked him please just send someone who can help me to call me ASAP.

Of course no one called me.

I called it again 2 hours later. Finally I got to the right team and they booked me another technician…4 days later. 

The reasons I am telling this story:

1. I am so upset about the phone call such a wasting time ( and I had to wake up early to hear that. 
  2. I used all my data this month and now I have to purchase extra data when I’m still paying network

I don’t know who I can talk to ( and I’m too tired to call virgin media again) Thank you for reading this and good luck to anyone who is considering joining virgin.

Hello LemonteaNocup, 

Thanks for explaining everything in your last reply.

I can see we have now connected the service, 

Is everything working as it should?

Regarding the data charges, I can take a look at this and see what we can do to help.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L