cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green base light flashing

kaychenggraphic
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently received my quick-start kit, but the green base light kept flashing nonstop for hours. The wifi light is on, not flashing, and it's in green. 

I have also tried resetting the hub yet nothing seems to work. The service status said it is activated. 

Anyone can give me any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

It sounds like you have no signal going to the hub, can you check all the cables are connected to the Virgin Media outlet correctly, if they are send me a private message with your account number and area number and I can get a tech out to have a look.

Thanks Chris 

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

It sounds like you have no signal going to the hub, can you check all the cables are connected to the Virgin Media outlet correctly, if they are send me a private message with your account number and area number and I can get a tech out to have a look.

Thanks Chris 

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Jekabs_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kaychenggraphic,

Flashing green light means there is no signal coming to the hub. Are you sure you have followed correct set up with white leads ?

If you can PM me with your account details I can run a diagnostic check.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

Hi ya 

I have the same issue! Any help would be much appreciated! 

cheers

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, can you double check all the leads are connected correctly to our wall socket.  If you have TV with us there will be a directional splitter as well.  If you PM me your account number and site ID I will look into it for you.

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hi,

I’m having the same issue...flashing green... no internet access after unplugging the power from the hub3 for a short period. 
All cables appear correct & tight. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Harvey_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rowe1

And to whom ever else may have this issue.

If you are having the same issue, as mentioned earlier. It means there is no signal coming down the cable. All your connections on the inside could be fine. However, on the outside there could be an issue, such as: cut cables in the past during renovation, damaged cable running up the boundary or the cable was not used for a period of time and has been disconnected in the street cab.

This requires a manned install since the QS failed. Due to the current situation, it may possibly be some time though until someone is able to visit, additionally if it requires any 2 man street work, there could be a further delay on this due to social distancing.

I wish you the best of luck getting this sorted soon.

Thanks Harvey.H,

Mine was a simple fix... hub needed reconnected VM end. 

Received a PM to my issue from one of the Forum Team - who sorted it within minutes. 
Anyone with a similar issue should raise an issue for the team to sort. 

👌🏻

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

^^

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Wraggdoll
Joining in

Hi everyone, I'm having the same issue. I've checked all the connections, restarted/reset the router and called the number multiple times.

Can anyone help? I really need the internet up as soon as I can! 

Many thanks in advance x