cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Base light flashing

ChPv25
Joining in

Hi there.

Customer for 4 month now, with everything working perfectly fine, an issue appeared yesterday morning as I lost internet connection.

I have the wifi signal solid green but a flashing green light on the base of the Hub 3

I have checked all the cable (up to the street^^) and nothing is damaged or disconnected. 
I’ve pinned reset, disconnect and reconnect the hub, and waited 24 hours in case it got fixed on Virgin hand.
is there anything I can do or at least try to get back online ?

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Flashing green base light usually means a loss of network connection.

Check for “known network faults” As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChPv25, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response here.

I'm also sorry to hear you've been having these issues with your hub & connection. I wasn't able to look further into it using your forum details alone on this occasion, so if the helpful advice provided above doesn't clear things up for you - just get back to me via PM and we'll do all we can to assist.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for messaging me to let me know things have improved @ChPv25 - we appreciate the update, but also understand these things can be intermittent so please don't hesitate to get back in touch if any more problems crop up.

Tom