cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graffiti

andys75
On our wavelength

damage to street equipment

I have sent a number of emails regarding this I will be submitting a report of a section 43 antisocial behaviour act 

Cabinet location peterborough PE4 6ST

This is the second time posting this I had some tyrant Michael decided to take commenting off 

You have had more than enough time to sort this out 

I'm now submitting a freedom of information 

Have you visited this location

When did you visit

Time and date visit

Who made the visit

And what was the outcome

Anyone wishing to respond to this you will be ignored unless you work for these people

3498959.1.full-2.jpeg3498959.0.full.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

derekheeps
Dialled in

Why are you getting so het up about something that is , frankly , none of your business ?

You come across as some kind of interfering busybody who has nothing better to do .

The cabinet is not yours , you apparently don't even live next to it , merely pass it periodically - why does this upset you so much .

You will give yourself a heart attack or a stroke if you don't lighten up .

If you must complain to someone , why not complain to the police about the 'artists' who have decorated the cabinet in this way ; you may find yourself a minority of one , and that everyone else either does not care about this , or actually view the decoration as art .

The paintings are not harming you , nor have they damaged the cabinet , or the equipment therein , in any way .

VM are under no obligation to respond to your rants , nor are they obliged to repaint the cabinet at your whims . 

Furthermore , do not expect anyone to reimburse you if you take it upon yourself to daub more paint on the cabinet ; in fact , if the police caught you in the act they may arrest YOU ! Moreover , if you painted the cabinet , and did not either put up warning signs 'wet paint' or remain to guard it until the paint dried , then any members of public who had their clothing soiled by wet paint would be entitled to sue YOU for damages .

Please desist from your childish rants .

Perhaps you are Captain Mainwaring , or some old retired duffer with nothing better to do than be a professional complainer .

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jem101
Superstar

Yes, I know that you have threatened to ignore any responses but I do feel obliged to point out, purely in the interest of saving further embarrassment, that you are aware that the Freedom of Information Act only applies to public bodies and organisations and not private companies, aren't you? So anything you do submit will go straight into the bin!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling someone working the forums in an entirely proper way a "tyrant" is pretty unkind given it is Jubilee Weekend and everything. I reckon it is also in breach of the forum house rules on courtesy and respect so am flagging it. The rules are here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/participation/title/communityrole

andys75
On our wavelength

Here we go It’s called Freedom of expression something in the UK we have the right to 

andys75
On our wavelength

Here we go It’s called Freedom of expression something in the UK we have the right to 

derekheeps
Dialled in

Why are you getting so het up about something that is , frankly , none of your business ?

You come across as some kind of interfering busybody who has nothing better to do .

The cabinet is not yours , you apparently don't even live next to it , merely pass it periodically - why does this upset you so much .

You will give yourself a heart attack or a stroke if you don't lighten up .

If you must complain to someone , why not complain to the police about the 'artists' who have decorated the cabinet in this way ; you may find yourself a minority of one , and that everyone else either does not care about this , or actually view the decoration as art .

The paintings are not harming you , nor have they damaged the cabinet , or the equipment therein , in any way .

VM are under no obligation to respond to your rants , nor are they obliged to repaint the cabinet at your whims . 

Furthermore , do not expect anyone to reimburse you if you take it upon yourself to daub more paint on the cabinet ; in fact , if the police caught you in the act they may arrest YOU ! Moreover , if you painted the cabinet , and did not either put up warning signs 'wet paint' or remain to guard it until the paint dried , then any members of public who had their clothing soiled by wet paint would be entitled to sue YOU for damages .

Please desist from your childish rants .

Perhaps you are Captain Mainwaring , or some old retired duffer with nothing better to do than be a professional complainer .

Right on 

Of course it is , but we also have the right to ignore you .

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I expect the person who painted that on the cabinet would call it "freedom of expression" 🙂

But if it really offends you, go ahead and paint over it. Send us a picture when you have. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The correct sections to post in regarding damaged/faulty street equipment are:-

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/reportingdamage 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment 

or telephone 0330 333 0444

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali