cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my connect kit but an examination this weekend leaves my needing an engineer

donna17
On our wavelength

Hi everyone - 

was setting up my new box the weekend and found a few problems so i recon i'm going to need an engineers visit.

Got some pics that i will try and attach at the end.

I'm thinking that my line has been butchered a bit - it has a join that looks like it's separating from the cable and the line from the telegraph pole is too short (i think that it is supposed to follow similar rules to household wiring - like not being fitted at an angle to save wire) has some damage to the wire outer (who knows if that's how it's supplied, could be a hidden cable burried underground ). what i think is a virgin box outside (no logo) is held together with a zip tie and is open at the top revealing a mess of spider web and detritus which makes me think it's just as well that the wire from the phone line is hanging disconnected from the box. inside the house things get no better, the equipment is tellywest and what i believe  to be the connector for my hub (NOT the hub end)  is loose, moves both left and right and pushes in with no pressure. there are 3 phone wires inside the house - two end on a little terminal block and just hang from the wire and one is an actual phone connector (none of which is a problem because i'm just broadband - providing it doesn't cause and problems with the broadband)  so like a sensible person i didn't try to plug my hub in.

think that's about it so have a few pics to look at - ok maybe not because they are all too big to attach.

So how do i go about getting an engineer to sort it out - i'm assuming it's going to be free, even if it was working it all looks like it could do with renewing anyway

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can either phone in, or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.  You will need a manned installation by the sound of things !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

donna17
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thankyou that sorted it out, but it looks like it's going to be 10 days before an engineer can get to me- the nice lady on the phone did say she would try and get me an earlier date as it's expensive for no broadband (we'll be half way through our first month and out of the cool down period before we ever try it)

496e2068657820796f752063616e2073617920626f6c6c6f636b7320616e6420686172646c7920616e796f6e65206b6e6f777320616e64206576656e206665776572206361726521

Thanks for coming back to us @donna17, have you heard anything back from the team at all about a new date, since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

donna17
On our wavelength

Hi,

thankyou for your reply - nope and having marked an answer on this thread (because i thought it was) I started another (same title but with 2 after it) if you want to take a look.

thankyou

Morning @donna17

I sent you a PM Friday if you want to PM me back with the details 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill