cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Thermostat not connecting

sarahlou92
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've got a Google Nest Thermostat that won't connect to the Wifi, it doesn't even find the wifi name. It use to work a few months back but I've not used it over summer and just before that the wifi kept dropping so I had to keep reconnecting and now I can't get it to connect at all. 

Any ideas how i can resolve this please?

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sarahlou92

Sorry you have had to post on here 

I hope this makes sense

Separating the wireless frequencies should sort this out for you. Here is how to do it:
•    Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
•    Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
•    Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
•    Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
•    Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.*
*Make sure that both frequencies are named differently and are still identifiable (adding 2.4 and 5 to the end of each should be okay ).
Then try connecting the Nest Thermostat to 2.4 

Gareth_L

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another thing you could try is to factory reset the Nest before doing the above. It will make sure you start from a clean baseline.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for responding but that hasn’t done anything either. The network name doesn’t show up and when I type it in it fails. 
Any other suggestion at all please? 

Thanks

sarah 

Thank you for responding. 

I’ve tried that too and still nothing 😢

Hi sarahlou92, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Nest. I have looked into this and cannot see any issues which would be affecting this. can you confirm if this is still happening or has since been resolved?. Can you confirm if any other devices are affected?. - Chris 

Hello,

unfortunately the problem is still happening and only to the Google Nest. It’s worked with it before but now nothing seems to happen. Can’t even pick up an internet signal at all. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you looked at this page, could be some useful information for you.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9239960#zippy=%2Cnew-router-or-wi-fi-password

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi sarahlou92, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that there are connection issues with the google nest and this is not the experience which we want you to have. Have you been able to view the link which was provided by Tudor? Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this or has the issue since been resolved?. ^Chris.