cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news, our services are nearly in your area!

Cortez471
Tuning in

Hi,

Would it be possible to know when we can move over to Virgin? We'd love to move away from BT as we're paying £60 for around 27mbps per month which is painful.

Any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Cortez471,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to look further into this with our expansion team, to see if we can find any more information about the services being activated. Would you like me to send over a private message to start this?

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What does the VM Postcode Checker "report"?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Exactly as the title states, it's nearly in our area. I've seen them run the cables and the new cab being added but was wondering if a date could be given. Are we going to be waiting days, weeks or months. 

If its going to be months i'd be tempted to look at starting a community ran ISP.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sign up for the other ISP - perhaps on a 30-day contract - or a 12 month one at most. And then when VM arrives you can sign up quickly as soon as you can exit the first connection.

But do not cancel any existing connection you make until VM has been installed and is working to your satisfaction in your 14-day cooling off cancellation period. As it can be delayed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I may not have made it clear. I'm already on BT with their **bleep**ty speeds even with FTTC but want faster speeds. I can't get those with BT and would like, if possible, an ETA for virgin.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What speeds do BT offer you on FTTC? And what do you actually get ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

they offer between 14-26 and i get around 24. Which isn't enough these days hence the need to move away. It's the best we're going to get and i'm positive the cables don't got to the cab you'd think they'd go to. I could go FTTPondemand but its a massive cost which i'd rather not do.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Blimey..... I can have 28 using my old copper cable telephone cable (I am assuming) as there is no BT fibre anywhere near us.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Indeed! I can get 120mbps on my phone via 5g while at work. Sucks that there isn't any 5g in my town either. 

What really gets me is the older houses across from our estate can get 80+ mbps on older connections yet our estate which was "newer" can't. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Cortez471,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to look further into this with our expansion team, to see if we can find any more information about the services being activated. Would you like me to send over a private message to start this?

Regards,

Steven_L