cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going round in circles - M600 to Gig1 upgrade

JulianFr
On our wavelength

I'm going round in circles trying to get my issues resolved. I was coming to the end of my contract and agreed a new price with an M600 to Gig1 Upgrade. I've been told my order is closed and account isn't activated, I'm in a magical place that can't be fixed.

It's complicated but I'll use dates to try to explain what's happened:

21st Jan Friday - agreed new volt gig1 contract, told I'd receive Hub 4 and O2 sim within 7 days
26th Jan Wednesday - rang to check what was happening, had received emails and sim from O2, no emails or order details from virgin. Was told my order didn't exist and had to create a new one. Guaranteed Hub 4 would be with me 28th.
28th Jan Friday - Hub4 arrives and I follow instructions for home install and put it straight into modem mode so my current home equipment doesn't need any changes. Not long after I receive 2 text messages from Virgin telling me "Okay - let's get cracking! We've sent the signal to your home & everything's ready for you, so you can set up your kit. Reply HELP if you get stuck." and  "Your new Virgin Media is now activated. If you haven't already follow the instructions in the box to install. Reply HELP if you get stuck."
No increase in speed and MyVirgin App still shows my broadband is M600. I'd been told it could take 48 hours to see new speed so wait.
31st January Monday - no change so ring to see what's happening. First call gets cut off when technician tells me he'll be testing the router, router turns off and so does my phone, so that's the end of that call. Spend 2 hours on the phone being moved to 3 different teams. In the end I'm told there is a fault and I would get a call back on Wednesday to fix.
2nd Feb Wednesday - no call back so ring around 6 to check what's happening. Now told my order has been closed but the changes have not been activated. Told they can't fix it because the order is closed. Also asked if I followed the text messages I'd received to get the new speed activated. I explained that I'd received 2 texts, both of them said it had been activated. I'm told it needs to be raised with another team, 3-5 days to fix.
When I get off the phone I see a missed called from Virgin on my O2 mobile. I get zero mobile signal in my house, which is why I'd asked Virgin to call me on my home number. I ring again and explain I've had a missed call, this time told I'll get a call in between 2-24 hours.

That's where I am right now. I've lost about 10 hours so far on calls trying to get this fixed and don't feel I'm any nearer to having it resolved.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JulianFr, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having difficulty getting your new package speed activated. 

When it comes to package changes, we're not able to help via the Community I'm afraid. 

It sounds as though the team have moved this over to the second line team to check what's happened. They can take a few days to come back to you.

If your landline connects direct in to the back of the Hub, they will more than likely call on your mobile number and the reason for this is because if they need to manually do checks on the Hub, rebooting it will turn the telephone off which means the call would drop. 

When logging in to My VM, is the speed there showing as M600 or as 1GB?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JulianFr
On our wavelength
My VM still showing M600.
I spoke to someone in the UK on Friday who told me he could see a work order had been put in to fix this but I should give it 24 hours. 3 days later it still hasn't been fixed.
Every phone call I have ends with me being asked to give it a 24 hours, 24-48 hours, 2-3 days, 3-5 days. Feels like anything to get me off the phone.

Hi Julian, apologies for your poor experience.

If you have upgraded to a VOLT bundle including an O2 mobile sim and a free speed upgrade it can take 14 days for this to process. The information across your VM and O2 accounts must also be identical in order for this to process. 

I am happy to look into this for you I just need to confirm a few details. I will send you a PM now - you will be able to find this in the top right corner of your page in your inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly