cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Fibre Broadband

LukeR
Tuning in

My house is eligible for Gig1 Fibre Broadband - is this fibre straight to my house or to the box on the curb? Based on the £32 setup fee I suspect its to the curb, afaik I still have copper from the street cabinet to my house (could be wrong).  

3 REPLIES 3

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon I will send you a private message and check this for you.

I will need some more details please look out for a message in the top corner of the screen.

Thank You Joe. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

sophist
Trouble shooter

@LukeR wrote:

My house is eligible for Gig1 Fibre Broadband - is this fibre straight to my house or to the box on the curb? Based on the £32 setup fee I suspect its to the curb, afaik I still have copper from the street cabinet to my house (could be wrong).  

it'll be the same infrastructure that you have in place currently - in my case, it's not FTTP, it's the old-skool street cabinet setup.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Also worth making clear that although Virgin Media use coax cable in the HFC network areas, it is not copper.

And where Virgin Media do have a full FTTP build, it's currently converted to coax for internal wiring.

So Gig1 over HFC and Gig1 in Virgin Media's full FTTP installs perform the same.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own