Menu
JustinS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting flashing up and down arrows on hub and no internet

My internet went down at 0519hrs this morning. B37 area. Says network access: blocked Standard specification complaint: DOCSIS 3.0 On info page as can get to 192.168.0.1 but no internet pages. WiFi devices connected Ethernet devices connected Supposed to be working from home today and engineer not booked until 12pm - 4pm which is very inconvenient as supposed to start work at 8am Told there are no network problems in the area but this has happened several times in the past and then they fix and cancel the engineer I need a stable 24/7 internet connection and you are not providing this. WHY????
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting flashing up and down arrows on hub and no internet

If you need a stable service 24/7 then you need a Business class service not a Residential one.

You are on a Residential service with a Residential contract. These do not have a fixed SLA for the resolution of faults, so while you can claim for service loss, you will not get the response times of a Business class service.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
JustinS
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is the typical response that I get from virgin.  I am not a business I am a residential customer.  Is it too much to ask for a SLA that is in line with a service we are paying for a 24/7 service and not getting this but getting an interrupted service.

its the same with static ip’s too cannot have one as a residential customer which is a joke

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can't be a residential customer and expect a business service

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JustinS
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is a cop out. You should listen to your customers first and give them what they want. First rule of business, customer is always right.  Second rule if the customer is ever wrong go back and read rule number 1

luckily I was back up before 8am but really do suspect they do this on purpose.  Then blame our equipment when the block is put on at the network level.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@JustinS wrote:

That is a cop out. You should listen to your customers first and give them what they want. First rule of business, customer is always right.  Second rule if the customer is ever wrong go back and read rule number 1

luckily I was back up before 8am but really do suspect they do this on purpose.  Then blame our equipment when the block is put on at the network level.

Erm! We are Virgin customers actually. We pay for a Residential service & understand the conditions that go with it.

You are paying for a Mini & expecting to get a Rolls Royce. Not many businesses will give you that & survive for very long.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos