Menu
Neobear
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting an engineer out. Help.

Hello

I recently got an upgraded box. I plugged it in and as soon as it finished downloading the latest update, it bricked itself with error code CS1010. I need an engineer to come out, but, when I phone I can’t get through (offices are closed due to COVID). When I use the chat box, again- service closed due to COVID. I’m just wondering, what my options are? How do I go about contacting support when support doesn’t answer the phone or answer the text support? Also, the new box looks exactly the same as the old box apart from the remote control. Is it actually an upgrade? If it isn’t, is there a way to pair the new remote with the old box? I’ll throw the new box away if it’s just the same as the old box; but I like the new remote. Any help much appreciated. Simon.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting an engineer out. Help.

What is a 'box' ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Neobear
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Oh, V6 TV box. Sorry, 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you get it activated ?

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Neobear
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeRobbo

I did what you suggested and it worked!

I wanted to tell you I am truly grateful.

Thanks for helping me out.

Simon

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thumb-3

0 Kudos