cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh install, still no wifi after waiting all day

rubenkroll
Joining in

Installed my wifi router which virgin delivered today, after having to wait almost two weeks while they sorted out issues with even getting it sent to me and setting up the account.

No broadband signal at all, the routers got the Green wifi light on and the main green bar on the hub (3.0) is flashing Green constantly with no change. After 4 calls to the phone line and constant assurances that it’s been set up and activated and finally getting the text saying I’m ready to go 3 hours ago, after waiting 6 hours for the issue to fix itself, we’re still at square one with no change.

No great effort from customer service to get this sorted and only offers of an engineer to come in a week which isn’t really too helpful. Tried all the steps, unplugged it, plugged it back in, made sure the cables are fully flush, reset it. No change. Virgin phone ops said they couldn’t see the router connected on their systems but it’s up and running, and the previous tenants had Virgin at the property so all the cables are ready within the house.

Got told to wait until 9pm while the systems get up and running for the property?? And conveniently it’s now too late for anyone to be able to help properly.

Quite disappointed really, had nothing but problems with this since the start with no solution in sight and debating cancelling the direct debit entirely before it goes through at this point. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Don't cancel the direct debit, that will cause even more problems.  If you don't want to continue you have 14 days to cancel without charge. 

Or you can phone in, follow the prompts to 'thinking of leaving us' and tell them you are leaving unless they have a technician with you on Tuesday. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rubenkroll,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a subpar experience with us when contacting us regarding your Virgin Media installation. Unfortunately, we are facing a higher than usual demand for our Technician services, which is causing appointments to be booked further in the future than usual.

I've been unable to locate a service based on your Forum details. Therefore, I'm going to drop you a private message to gather some further details. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ