cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent loss of broadband

Special-K
Tuning in

I'm in the Croydon, Surrey CR0 area and for the last three days my Virgin Hub has been losing the internet. Tue I lost it around 11am. It didnt come back until about 6am Wed morning. Wed I lost it around midday and it didnt return until midnight. That's around 31hrs!! It's now Thurs 11am and I've lost the internet again.

On the hub the green light comes on and INTERNET flashes in green, then INTERNET disappears and I just get the green light, then the cycle seems to repeat. Hours later the internet returns and I get the solid white light.

I suspect engineers are doing something in the area as it started doing this last week for a couple of hours. But this week is worse.

Could this be engineers working in the area or is this a sign of the hub overheating?

Or something else?

3 REPLIES 3

Special-K
Tuning in

Fifteen minutes later, it's back up again!

Hi phone the virgin service status no 0800 561 0061 or click on the top right corner of this page and select service status. Regards Micky

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Special-K,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some ongoing connection issues! 

We're glad to see that @LittleMick73 suggested you contact our Automated Service Status page to see if you're impacted by an area issue. I was able to locate your account through your Forum details, and I can see that there are currently no area issues impacting your services. 

After taking another look at your account, I can see that there are quite a few downstream power level issues on your account and that they are currently out of spec. As we cannot resolve this issue remotely, I'm more than happy to book in a technician who can help you resolve this issue. 

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details and have a technician arranged for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs