cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free M500 upgrade sent to the wrong Superhub

Luqybb91
Dialled in

I recently upgraded my Internet speed to M500, the only problem is, the upgrade seems to have been activated on my now deactivated SH5 sitting in my cupboard (due to landline issues) rather than going to my SH3. Can a member of staff sort this out for me?

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luqybb91 wrote:

I recently upgraded my Internet speed to M500, the only problem is, the upgrade seems to have been activated on my now deactivated SH5 sitting in my cupboard (due to landline issues) rather than going to my SH3. Can a member of staff sort this out for me?

How do you know the upgrade was sent to the wrong Hub if it's powered off and in a cupboard?  

As the replacement is working, that's the one registered on your account, so any config files would be pushed out to it.  Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Someone on a previous thread told me it's possible they've had a mix up. I upgraded a few weeks after deactivating the hub5. I did think it sounded a bit weird but somethings obviously gone wrong.

Well I checked using the live chat service and it looks like the M500 upgraded was never sent through. Apparently I was never eligible for the upgrade in the first place even though the guy I spoke to said I was eligible 🤦

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Luqybb91 wrote:

< snip >. Apparently I was never eligible for the upgrade in the first place even though the guy I spoke to said I was eligible 🤦

How was the upgrade offered to you?  Was it a VOLT upgrade or something?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it was a Volt upgrade and they said it was free at no extra charge. Nothing ever went through after that.

Hi Luqybb91

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the confusion. How and when did you apply for the Volt benefits please? Was it through your My O2 app or the My Virgin Media one? If so, has it been passed 14 days?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It was through My virgin media using the live chat. I'm not sure if 14 days have passed.

Hi @Luqybb91

Thanks for getting back to us. 

To be eligible for the VOLT benefits both your full name and address must be the same on your O2 and Virgin Media account. You can see your full name on your Virgin Media online account and all of our correspondence to you. If they both match then you can still get the VOLT benefits. I recommend using O2 sign up process. Once O2 has agreed the benefits it will then take 14 days for the benefits to activate on our side. You can look here to find out more, there is also the links to sign up on either your My Virgin Media account or your My O2 account.

In regards to your HUB's; The speed package you have is directly connected to your account, whatever HUB is active on the account will be getting the speed that is shown on your latest bills and contract agreement.

Let us know if you are still having issues or have any further questions. ~CS~

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley