cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green wifi light and intermittent connection

Thorskettle
Tuning in

Hi

For quite a few months now I’ve been getting issues with my Hub 3, every couple of hours throughout the day the green wifi light flashes and all devices in the home lose connection, 5 minutes later it reconnects, I contacted virgin media and they said there’s no issues from their end and they sent me a new hub 3 and an intelligent wifi pod, this has made no difference the same problem still persists on the new hub and the wifi pod doesn’t connect to the hub either (just flashes white forever). 
does anyone have a clue what the issue is? It’s such a pain as when everything loses connection I have to sign back into all devices, virgin say there’s no issue, but I’m losing the will to live!! 

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual request.  Post your Downstream and Upstream power levels and network log.  Also setup a BQM monitor here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done, we can comment.  Thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thorskettle
Tuning in

95E4C0A9-1EEB-43BA-ACC8-3E353B77B650.jpeg

542264AC-9230-430B-A9A8-F5BA5533D408.jpeg

DF0B6D69-9FD9-4FAD-9860-CF973255094E.jpeg

F4B58CF1-A31C-4646-AA79-CD43C770F683.jpeg

BCD7F6E5-86B1-4561-966B-6E0D137CF47E.jpeg

677BF587-F975-4517-95B7-83A101504F83.jpeg

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Thorskettle

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly take a look into this for you. 

From looking at your account via your forum information, I can see that you spoke to our team very recently. Just to confirm were they able to look into this and sort this out for you? 

If not I am more than happy to help you but please do let me know 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

no it’s not been sorted, this issue has been going on for months now, I’ve contacted virgin multiple times regarding this, there saying there’s no issues from their end, they sent me a new hub but the problem still persists, they sent me a wifi pod but it doesn’t work, I’ve took the cables out and checked all connections everything’s fine, but my hub loses connected throughout the day and has been for months, it is really annoying that I’ve had to put up with this for months for the money I pay you I expect it to be fixed ASAP! I’m thinking of moving to another company as this issue doesn’t seem to be getting resolved! 

9D613304-BBCD-4F16-B2F0-10AB6F582BE1.jpeg

82593092-2237-4733-B577-7712BB9B68AD.jpeg

Hi @Thorskettle,

Apologies for our delayed response here. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If it is, would you be able to provide a link to the ongoing BQM test? Those appear to be screenshots, and it'd be good to take a look at how your connection has been and will continue to be whilst we look into this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/00e6bc2b8872b238246307a6136c3a4fe7bea36f

Hi @Thorskettle,

Thank you for providing that, it's really helpful.

I can't see anything of notable concern being displayed there. Have you performed a factory reset of the router yet to see if that helps to alleviate the problem at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes done that numerous times. I’ve also had a new hub and it made no difference. When the problem happens the green wifi light starts flashing then everything in the house loses connection. It’s been going on for around 4 months now.