cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green light set up

LisaL04
Joining in

Hi, wondering if anyone can help? 

I've just received my new broadband box and connected all cables and have a fixed WiFi green light on but the light below is flashing green. 

When trying to connect to WiFi on my phone it says no Internet available. 

I have just moved into the house so not sure how reliable the wiring is.

Any suggestions how to try a self fix before calling in the engineers? Tried the usual switch on/off, reboot and checked all cables. 

Thanks ☺

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Flashing green on the bottom LED means it is trying to connect, which normally takes about seven minutes.  If it flashes green for longer, then it's not picking up a signal either because it is isn't activated, or because the cable is broken or damaged.

Was there anything in the way of instructions, and a number to call to activate?  Failing that you'll have to phone it in and see what the support staff advise.  

Best case it's an easily sorted activation issue that can be done remotely, worst case the cable is damaged or disconnected, and that will need at least one technician visit, possibly more if the outside cable needs re-pulling.

Thank you for your response.

It has been flashing for 3 hours now so I have given it time to connect. VM have text to say it has all been activated. Thinking it may be external cable problems so will try to book a technician.

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Worth calling the activation number again just in case they had the wrong info.

Call on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi LisaL04,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've had issues getting your new hub connected with us. 

As you have taken advice from both our valued members @jbrennand and @Andrew-G and the issue still remains it may well be that a technician is required.

Looking remotely from our end we can see that you have already called the team and we have arranged a technicians visit already.

Please keep us posted with how this goes and let us know if the issue is resolved.

Kind regards Jodi.