Menu
JGill1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Flashing green base light

Hi guys,

Flashing green Base Light on my VM router. Can you please let me know how to fix this. Have check all connections and they are fine. 

Was working perfectly yesterday. 
Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing green base light

The flashing green light is an indication of no connection to the outside world.
You could try a quick reboot or leave overnight possible due to networks doing work.
0 Kudos
JGill1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian.

Thanks for coming back to me. Have tried to reboot a few times but no luck. Anything else I could do to fix this or will I have to get someone from VM out? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
ann0yedcust0mer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue, i book for an engineer and they cancelled without notifiying me, it might be best to cancel your service and go with another provider.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ann0yedcust0mer wrote:

I had the same issue, i book for an engineer and they cancelled without notifiying me, it might be best to cancel your service and go with another provider.

if they cancelled the tech then there is a known service issue - that automatically cancels techs - as to cancelling - yes why not but it would be costly to anyone in contract

Tony
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tony is correct - but have you actually checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through..
Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to comment in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post JGill1 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm how your services are today? Have you already run through a pin hole reset?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos