cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Green Light

Bertella
Joining in

We have no internet and a flashing green light on our WiFi box. What do I do? The internet has been dropping out all day and has now completely gone.

27 REPLIES 27

I'm having the same issue

Self set up and activated today, I've been doing plenty of unplugging etc but still got the green flashing light

It's a little off putting as a new customer, especially when it seems to be a common problem, makes me wonder if we made the correct decision to switch to VM

Phone in if nothing working.

Woke up to a green flashing light this morning. Can’t get an engineer visit for another week. Kids can’t access internet to do homework and GCSE revision, wife can’t work from home.

Failing connectivity on second TiVo box (despite being connected via Ethernet).

All this for the privilege of £130 a month. Joke company. Can’t wait to get back to Sky. Worse decision we ever made.

If your wife works from home why not go on to the Business Account and then you could use their "24 working hrs resolution from first recorded report"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

People have got to realise that they have a residential connection, there is no SLA and fixes are best endeavours. If they require a guaranteed service with an arranged fix time they must get a business account. While it certainly can be inconvenient without an internet service, it’s not like having no water or electricity. Yes, VM could provide more technicians and quicker fix times, but it would cost all users much more money and just look at the complaints each year when the price increases. Alternatively users could pay for fixes, but that would go down like a ‘lead balloon’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kimdurose wrote:

Woke up to a green flashing light this morning. Can’t get an engineer visit for another week. Kids can’t access internet to do homework and GCSE revision, wife can’t work from home.

Failing connectivity on second TiVo box (despite being connected via Ethernet).

All this for the privilege of £130 a month. Joke company. Can’t wait to get back to Sky. Worse decision we ever made.

If you are thinking of moving back to Sky then perhaps you should read their Code of Practice. Namely that services are not for "Business use", & that they "try" to resolve faults in five working days. Erm! That's a week to you and me.

https://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/broadband/code-of-practice/ 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have also been a recent victim of the flashing green lights and no connection.

But I found the response from VM positive. On 1st complaint they sent an engineer within 48 hours. The engineer replaced the euro style wall isolator and Hub3.

All worked fine for 90 min and flashing light again. When I called VM again they booked another engineer visit within 48 hours. But the connection seems stable now so I cancelled the appointment.

Maybe in London area there are plenty of engineers on the field.

£130 paying to VM 😯.. what service do you get for that?

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

Hi Kimdurose,

I'm sorry to hear that you're services are currently down and the affect this has had on yourself and family.

As there doesn't seem to be a stable internet connection getting to your hub (as indicated by the flashing green light), apps on the Tivo that require internet access  to function e.g Youtube, will not be available.

I can also assure you that the team will have offered the earliest appointment available to you. You're welcome to check for any possible cancellations via your online account here for a chance at getting an earlier slot, but of course there is no guarantee.

All the best,

Beth 

Beth