cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitting a splitter externally

jim65
Tuning in

Hello 

I need to fit a splitter as I need to relocate router to a different room to where the virgin cable comes into the house. What I need to end up with is a cable to the tv and a cable to the router. There’s a white box inside that’s feeds s splitter, can I relocate that splitter into the brown box outside to create to separate feeds. If so what else will I need. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your TV box will still need its connection to the hub and it's best done with an Ethernet cable. The VM tech won't do this for you so you should consider running your own Ethernet cable round the side of your house in advance of his visit.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You cant DIY. Just call in for a Tech visit and they will do everything you need. Cable it all up, fit new boxes and check all signal levels... all for a reasonable charge of £25

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just £25? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jim65 wrote:

Just £25? 

It used to be £99.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jim65 wrote:

Just £25? 

Yes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Your TV box will still need its connection to the hub and it's best done with an Ethernet cable. The VM tech won't do this for you so you should consider running your own Ethernet cable round the side of your house in advance of his visit.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection