cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre landline

Badgal65
Joining in

12th may my landline with change to Fibre with adapter will be sent soon.I have 2 extensions one for my home alarm system so what do I do as I will be only be able to plug in 1 equipment. Alarm is in other room. Answer machine with handset single on 1 extension . Main phone twin in main phone socket. I have medical needs type  1 diabetic & asthma need phones around the home. 
can you please help as phoning I’ve been told I can only have one device, this has really upset me , I really done want to make a big complaint and escalate this outside, help please, thanks

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Badgal65 wrote:

12th may my landline with change to Fibre with adapter will be sent soon.I have 2 extensions one for my home alarm system so what do I do as I will be only be able to plug in 1 equipment. Alarm is in other room. Answer machine with handset single on 1 extension . Main phone twin in main phone socket. I have medical needs type  1 diabetic & asthma need phones around the home. 
can you please help as phoning I’ve been told I can only have one device, this has really upset me , I really done want to make a big complaint and escalate this outside, help please, thanks

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Please see below

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

• VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"phoning I’ve been told I can only have one device" this is the usual misinformation given out by offshore customer services and is totally untrue.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also be very wary about the Alarm. Many alarm systems do not work over VoIP. You may need a new control panel to work over 4G for example. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Badgal65, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the landline 😞
I will be able to assist you for this move of the wiring.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Badgal65 on the forums.

As advised - you are speaking with the team to deal with case, let us know how it goes with the representative.
As always - feel free to reach out to us for anything and we will assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs