cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre cable installation

Ricky1980
Joining in

Hi, we signed up with Virgin a couple of months ago with activation day being the 1st of April which is less than a week away but we're yet to have any cable to the house.

Is this normal for Virgin to leave it to the last minute?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Particularly with new installations. Keep in mind your 14 day cooling off period and start planning for a rolling month fallback such as a 5g hub.

Section M https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RIcky1980, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's great to see you're looking forward to having Virgin Media installed. A pre-installation visit is done before the installation however this may not happen until the day before. In extremely busy periods, it may even be the morning of the installation. 

Most homes already have the cables needed to be able to connect you up though. If for any reason there are any issues, the teams will be in touch with you as soon as they have any information. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi RIcky1980, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's great to see you're looking forward to having Virgin Media installed. A pre-installation visit is done before the installation however this may not happen until the day before. In extremely busy periods, it may even be the morning of the installation. 

Most homes already have the cables needed to be able to connect you up though. If for any reason there are any issues, the teams will be in touch with you as soon as they have any information. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

is that true - if so why has the OP not been offered quickstart or is he/she the minority when MOST homes have the cable - a gross exaggeration i think

and to the OP as said above - look at a backup plan if there are problems with the cable install/pull - if that happens then you are in the lap of the gods and where VM install procedures are involved they are not friendly - read the forum for problem sagas - the longest install delay documented here is 12 months

and as for the team being in touch if there are problems - yes they will [maybe] but dont expect any meaningful information

so better to have a plan for if it all goes belly up

Tony.
Sacked VIP

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ricky1980 wrote:

Hi, we signed up with Virgin a couple of months ago with activation day being the 1st of April which is less than a week away but we're yet to have any cable to the house.

Is this normal for Virgin to leave it to the last minute?

Its a two-stage installation. A seperate contractor is responsible for pulling the drop cables & these could come at any time prior to the internal install. You would be well advised to overlap your service with your previous provider, as in the unlikely event a duct blockage is found it will delay your installation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ricky1980

How did everything go today please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

All went well thanks, the lads who fitted the cable were all helpful and got it done quick and tidy. Anton who connected inside was really polite, friendly and answered any question i had.

Overall really pleased and even more so with the speeds we've got now, kids aren't moaning so all good!

Hi Ricky1980, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread with how things went. 

We're glad to hear that things are resolved for you now and that you had a positive experience. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs