cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband outage in BR3

ianbarrett1980
Joining in

Is anyone else having problems today (19th July 2022) with Virgin Fibre broadband in the BR3/Elmers End area? It was working this morning, but has failed about 14:20.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ianbarrett1980,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing with the service. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm that there are currently no known issues logged for your area. 

This is a live system check so we would ask that you let us know if you are still experiencing issues and we will do all we can to assist further 

Thanks,

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for the message. An incident was soon raised for my service and it appeared on the status page. It has an estimated resolution time of 23:45 on Tuesday night, but happily was resolved by around 18:30 when I noticed my router lights had stopped being red.

Interestingly, I did register for SMS alerts related to the issue, but didn’t receive any (and still haven’t) for this.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for coming back to us. Aah yes, it does look like a fault was subsequently raised and this has now been verified as resolved. 

We do apologise for the downtime and I am sorry you did not get any service updates after registering for these.

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!

We’ve also got a host of hints and help in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs