cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Install

greagsby
On our wavelength

Hi,

After 3 months of failing to get my old line fixed and no workable internet, I've accepted for them to install fibre instead in the hopes this forces them to repair the duct to pull a new cable in. 

Just wondering how the fibre is run once it hits the house? Do they use fibre into the property etc as currently we have the broadband connection going upstairs to the PC and the TV connection going downstairs via a splitter. 

Could anyone give insight on the install and how they have connected the TV / Router in two different locations?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fibre connections are terminated in a different version of a on omnibox on the outside of the property. There is a converter in the box that changes it to coax, so all internal wiring is coax, same as usual.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fibre connections are terminated in a different version of a on omnibox on the outside of the property. There is a converter in the box that changes it to coax, so all internal wiring is coax, same as usual.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

greagsby
On our wavelength

Perfect! Thats all i needed to know, much appreciated!