cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router, complete lack of support for the problem from Virgin Media

NickC4555
On our wavelength

For the last three months my internet connection drops out for a few minutes 2 to 3 times a day. Not the wi-fi, the internet connection. I have tested this by disconnecting all other equipment and using a wired connection to the router, it is definitely that piece of equipment causing the problem. There are no local service issues.

The faults team have told me there is nothing they can do unless I contact them while it is offline. Given that it takes at least 10 minutes to speak to an engineer and the fault only lasts for about 3 minutes at a time, that is a physical impossibility, but no matter how many times I explained this, I got the same reply: there is nothing they can do. I thought the cancellations team might have more leverage, but no, it seems Virgin Media doesn't care about losing a £58 a month internet account.

I have been with Virgin for over 4 years, subscribing to the most expensive service available throughout this time. This is the first time I have called support, I should be exactly the sort of customer the company would want to retain, but it seems not. The router is obviously faulty, it would be a simple task to replace it, but Virgin would rather lose the account than put one in the post. The lack of customer care is staggering, Virgin doesn't deserve to be in business with this attitude.

25 REPLIES 25

No dropouts with the new cable so far. The BQM still has a lot of yellow, but I think the peaks are perhaps less frequent. You can see when I swapped cables by the short period of dropped packets.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks very much for the update @NickC4555

Really glad to hear you've had no drop outs with the new cable so far.

Please let us know if anything changes,

Best wishes,

Serena

NickC4555
On our wavelength

I've been on holiday, so not checked the BQM for a week. First day back, there has been a dropout. Status light on Hub went green during the period of no service.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/677a88a3159775e7ff4534ffb137686b10...

Hi NickC4555,

Thanks for coming back to us. Really sorry to hear this issue is persisting, we understand the frustration caused due to this.

Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, we have performed some checks to see what could be causing these regular drop outs. Currently nothing is showing.

All power levels are within specification, there are no SNR issues affecting you and no current area faults. When did you experience the most recent drop out?

Kind regards Jodi. 

NickC4555
On our wavelength

You can see when it was on the BQM graph, it was just after 12 today. The link is in my previous post.

Thanks for confirming @NickC4555

I can see that you have recently rebooted which is great, can you please provide us with an updated Hub log in 24 hours?

Thank you.