Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fault Ref C01149003 marked as fixed but still broken - cannot get through to support by phone

Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but I'm getting a bit desperate so hopefully somebody can advise please.

After 16 years of largely trouble-free Virgin service, over the last few months the broadband has become increasingly unreliable. I've been experiencing roughly 1-2 days of total outage per month since the first Lockdown started. The same thing happened this morning at around 09:00 - the connection dropped completely and the Service Status page confirmed a problem in my area. This issue (Fault Ref: C01149003) was then marked as "fixed" just after 15:00, but it is still completely broken for me.

The "traffic light" on my Super Hub 2 is rapidly blinking blue constantly, even when no devices are actually connected - it's in modem mode and this continues to flash even when I remove the only network cable that connects it to my main router. I ran the online test of my connection (from Service Status) several times earlier today. The first couple of tests failed due to a "system error" at the Virgin end. When it actually ran to completion this morning it showed a fault, but since the claimed fix everything now reports to be fine, but it's really not. I've tried several power cycles of the Super Hub but no change. I can't run the connection test any more as I've apparently reached my limit of 6 tests per day!

I tried contacting support via Twitter (no reply) and phoned them twice. The first time at around 18:15 I waited 30 mins but no answer so I decided to try again later. The second time at around 21:40 I waited a full hour on hold and then it just cut me off without warning. Now they claim they are closed.

So the Service Status claims there are no known faults in my area, the connection test claimed everything is fine (but I can't run it any more). The traffic light on my Super Hub is showing something is not right. I can't contact Customer Support either via Twitter or Phone. I'm not sure what else to do now - how do I get Virgin to acknowledge this issue and fix it?! My wife and I both work from home and this is creating a real issue, another lost day of work for both of us and Virgin are not even reachable. What are customers supposed to do in this situation?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault Ref C01149003 marked as fixed but still broken - cannot get through to support by phone

For the record, this issue resolved itself late last night, before I was able to speak to anyone at Virgin Media. However, based on recent experience, I can expect another outage within the next month, so I'd still really appreciate some advice on how to actually reach Virgin Media these days. Is there some kind of online chat or contact form or any other mechanism that I haven't yet found? Is there a trick to getting through on 150?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos