cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Installation

Dazzerno1
Joining in

I'm coming back to Virgin after a disaster with Plusnet resulting in no BB connection and unable to resolve. Unable to get setup until 09/03 with Virgin. Is it worth ringing to attempt get installation quicker, is this a thing or even possible? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dazzerno1 wrote:

I'm coming back to Virgin after a disaster with Plusnet resulting in no BB connection and unable to resolve. Unable to get setup until 09/03 with Virgin. Is it worth ringing to attempt get installation quicker, is this a thing or even possible? Thanks

Interms of disasters, I am sure VM has the (lack of) ability to far out-class any disaster that Plusnet was able to create (particularly in regard to VM installations)!

If you are 'coming back' to VM, do you already have a VM cable in place at your home or are you at a different property?

A month's lead time does seem quite long.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dazzerno1 wrote:

Interms of disasters, I am sure VM has the (lack of) ability to far out-class any disaster that Plusnet was able to create (particularly in regard to VM installations)!

If you are 'coming back' to VM, do you already have a VM cable in place at your home or are you at a different property?

A month's lead time does seem quite long.

Dazzerno1
Joining in

New property. Doesn't seem to have had Virgin before possibly the reason for 1 month.. Guess I'll give them a bell and ask the Q 🙏

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dazzerno1 wrote:

New property. Doesn't seem to have had Virgin before possibly the reason for 1 month.. Guess I'll give them a bell and ask the Q 🙏

If you have no VM cable at present, have a look through some of the 'delayed installation' topics on this forum. These are cases of what happens in the 'gone-wrong' installations that VM and its sub-contractors try to carry out. Nothing to say anything like that will happen during your own installation but, being aware of the hallmarks of a delayed installation, may help you realise early on if your job is heading that way.