cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farcical experience trying re-book installation engineer

Technoir
Joining in

Hello all, 

Reaching out to anyone at Virgin Media that can help as have just moved into a new house and work from home, so scheduled my internet service to be working when I moved in. 

The appointment was scheduled for 23/06 between 8am - 1pm to have broadband installed and was told when I booked it that the engineer would call/text ahead to let me know when they were within 15 minutes of arrival. As I was at the back of the house and the doorbell is very quiet, I didn't hear the engineer and was surprised to find a 'You missed Us' card was left, visit time was 09:05. No call/text was received. 

Now around 09:30am, called Virgin Media to be told that I could call them back on the mobile number left on the card (they didn't leave any number ?). I was then told that I was still within my slot and that the engineer would be coming back between 10-11am. He didn't turn up. Long story short, was told that I was on a 'priority list' as work from home, called back 5 or 6 times, on each occasion either being told that the slot was being moved back (each time no engineer turning up), being cut off completely, or that there was no appointment scheduled at all. 

Today I was greeted with the SMS booking service which has now booked my appointment for 08/07 (2 weeks later than originally scheduled !). I have now not been able to do my job for 2 days (so far) - I am reaching out to have the installation date moved forward before I cancel completely and move over to another provider. This is ridiculous.

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Technoir,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this, can appreciate it's not a great start and it would be a shame to see you leave us.

I have taken a look at the account and can see you have spoken to our team since posting and they have provided you with data as a workaround.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.  

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha, 

Thanks for the reply. 

That's correct, I was offered a free Oomph SIM card with Unlimited data (upgraded from 5GB) until my broadband installation on 08/07 up to 6pm. The first few days were OK. I was told that someone would call me to renew the Unlimited upgrade after 7 days (as 7 days is the maximum period that it could be applied for each time), no call received. I called in twice and finally managed to speak to the right department (after the line being cut off the first time) and was assured that Unlimited data had been applied.

However, received a notification today telling me that my data allowance of 5GB had been exceeded. Checked my account and I also seem to have been charged £6, so far. What can I say, great start - the dance continues..

I'd like to have the following resolved as soon as possible, please. 

1. That Unlimited data is immediately applied to my account until I have broadband installed. 
2. That the £6 is credited back to me, and that you can confirm that there will be no further charges. 
3. That the SIM card is in fact free of charge and that I won't be surprised to find that I have to pay for something unmentioned on the next bill. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Technoir, thanks for keeping us updated on this - sorry for the problems you've had with your services and mobile account.

I'd like to take a look and see what we can do to help, just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to investigate further.

Tom