Menu
matthewhuggett
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Failure of virgin media to arrange set up

I am quite frankly furious. 6 weeks ago I contacted VM via webchat to arrange a move from one property to another. I was told that I could get VM TV and broadband in my new property (next door have it) but I would need 2 engineers to set up the service. I was told that this was booked for 11/5/9 1300-1800. The engineers did not show up. I phoned that evening and the call centre agent apologised and told me that a manager would phone me up that evening which did not happen. I spoke to someone on 12/5/19 (Nelson) who apologised and upgraded my package. He told me he would sort it out and phone me on 13/5/19 which he did not. I then spoke to a UK call centre on 14/5/19 (Chris) who was very helpful and said he could see there was a problem with an engineer not being assigned and that he would do this and then call me between 8 and 9 on 15/5/19. He did not. On 16/5/19 I called another gentleman at the call centre who promised to sort out the problem and phone me back. The same day I received a letter saying installation was booked for 30/5/19 (no time given) but this was for broadband only and at a much higher price than was agreed. This date I cannot do so I phoned the call centre again today. I was told that the package could not be changed as the date was set and there were no other dates available. They said I would need to speak to the connections team and she tried to transfer me but this was unsuccessful. I am a doctor and I need internet for work. I am extremely angry. There have been lots of promises for help but each time the agents have done nothing and have not called me back. I have tried to raise a complaint with VM but have not heard back.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failure of virgin media to arrange set up

ah the old "we'll call you back" response, which is what they do when they simply want you off the phone. there is never any intention to call anyone back.

complaints can take up to 28 days to get a response.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello matthewhuggett

Thanks for your first post on our forums

It's shame you have had to report the installation issues 

If you are happy for me to take a look into this

Please let me know

I will need to take some account details from you through a private message 

Just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

make your self aware of this link

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Keep all contact, Email,Text,Letters - start building your case.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)