cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to login into Hitron Business Router admin login

plumbygirl
Tuning in

Hi All,

I had my superhub 3 modem switched to a Hitron one as I moved over to the business platform.

I managed to get into the router setup page (192.168.0.1) and noticed that the time was incorrect (had it down as GMT+1) so I changed that and it said it would have to do a restart which I allowed it to do.

However, once it restarted I can no longer get into the setup page. It just hangs. I did a hard reset returning everything to its defaults (held the reset pin at back of router for 20 seconds) and tried again, no joy!

Strange thing is that I can get on the internet, I can still receive and send emails, but just cant login to the router setup. I tried both wired and wireless connection with the same result.

Am I missing something here or is there a problem?

Many thanks

70 REPLIES 70

How are your speeds? Do five on speedtest.net and post results

Speeds are fine, not had an issue with speeds since I went to dynamic ip. I transfer ISO’s a lot to customers sites and my uploads and downloads are fine. It’s the fact I now can’t get back into it to put in my DHCP reservation and port forwarding rules 

The router is just awful, it’s probaby the only thing the Chinese refuse to copy as it’s that bad 

Buy your own router. Put it in modem mode.

Ask them to remotely access your Hitron over at virgin and put it into modem mode. Then buy a router. Your problems Will disappear since its not speed related. I'd gladly swop my situation for yours. Yours is resolved in a day by yourself. Mine is kaput through and through

Edit: although mine is speed related I too cannot log into my hitron. The page refuses to load.

So after resetting the router again so I could put my configs in, the web access page died again

i have bought another nighthawk to replace the turgid stench that is Hitron. I didn’t want to use the virgin router in modem mode, but my only options are 

1. Get them to send another router (no point)

2. Move to another company (no point)

3. Move back to domestic (no point)

4. Factory reset then modem mode (gets my vote)

5. Just leave it with default settings and don’t apply configs (not an option)

so I was hoping to find a solution and post it on this thread.....turns out the Hitron router is rubbish and not fit for purpose.

ive invited  the tech support to read this thread but they appeared to suddenly be overwhelmed with lethargy and apathy. So don’t expect virgin to issue a fix any time soon 

I'm having ongoing speed issues. I spoke to a guy this morning who said I can see your issue, "I've been looking at some graphs" and I can see that your losing over 90% of your speed starting in the afternoon and lasting until midnight. I was taken back to say the least. The guy was from the technical department so could not cancel my service. I was told a guy from "line 2" will call me in 72 hours to discus this. I know it's a waste of time because you can't talk away problems. Speech doesn't make over subscription go away. I will be leaving and hope is on the horizon. Virgin aside,My options are vast as far as companies are concerned but speeds are 17mbps no matter what. But right now with virgin I'm getting 10mbps. So I'll be leaving. This company is a joke. A stand up comedian should only have to say the words virgin media and have people hysterical.

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm very sorry for the trouble experienced Finalboss86,

I'd like to look into this for you.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Please can you confirm your name and if you are the account holder?
  • Home address

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Finalboss86
On our wavelength

Thanks but I've since left virgin media

@Nat_J wrote:

I'm very sorry for the trouble experienced Finalboss86,

I'd like to look into this for you.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Please can you confirm your name and if you are the account holder?
  • Home address

Nat_J

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry to hear this Finalboss86,

In no way did we intend to lose your custom.

Please let us know if we can offer further assistance with anything.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know