cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to get broadband fault fixed - no service

Chriskoncewicz
Joining in

Hi. 
I have had Virgin broadband for three months or so; for the last week and a half I have had no service. The following has happened so far:

1. engineer visit on Monday 18/4 - said fault was a break in fibre cable that would need replacement. Told this would take 48 hours.

2. Wednesday 20/4 - no fix. Engineer rebooked.

3. Engineer arrives Saturday 23/4 - says he isn’t fibre trained but he thinks a power supply fault. Leaves with no work done.

4. A different engineer stops by Saturday 23/4 in evening and confirms a break in fibre cable. Says will be fixed Monday 25/4

5. Monday comes and goes with no repair. Now get text from Virgin telling me an engineer is visiting me next Saturday (30/4)

HELP! I need internet access, and I can’t get anywhere to get this fixed. Where do I go from here? 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call early morning use options 1,1,4,4, "thinking of leaving" you should get the UK retentions team - tell them you want to cancel because of this and see if that gets you anywhere.

A VM person will pick this up here but it could take a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that in the morning

Hi Chriskoncewicz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your services and then subsequently support from the team. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see you've been in touch and an engineer is already scheduled to attend. Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

My third engineer visit fixed the issue - a faulty splitter...! Took two weeks, but better late than never!