Menu
catherine_leigh
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Failed installation

hi I have had installation by virgin media failed twice due to lack of a cable to my property. It has now been rearranged for Thursday with no mention or credit to the account or compensation for work lost (we are now 4 weeks without internet and my partner works from home). I was promised installation would go ahead this week and there is still no cable outside my house! Has this been an issue for others ? How do I go about sorting it !??! Thanks 

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed installation

We here are domestic customers and to get better attention if things go wrong if using for work would be advisable to have a business contract with more rapid attention if things go wrong but of course at higher cost.

I wasn't charged until my service was installed and I was connected so delay to start up would not qualify for money back as non paid.

So is best just in case delays occur to overlap by say a month your previous ISP.

I hope all goes well on Thursday for you.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
catherine_leigh
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand that and I thank you for your reply. it's not the money I'm worried about at the minute it's when the installation will actually go ahead the cable pull date keeps rolling over every day and whenever i phone I  get told it will happen and installation will go ahead but the cable still isn't there and wasn't on Saturday when installation was supposed to be installed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi catherine_leigh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 
With regards to credit and compensation. we only offer a loss of service credit when service is affected. Since you're not yet a customer, you won't be being charged. 

Speak to the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 and they will be able to give you the latest update Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos