cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed installation 4 times

rabin
Joining in

Stayed home 4 times for installation and still after 20 days no connection. The contractors who have done the work outside have apparently not done a proper job as I have been told by the very respectful engineer who can to install the hub. Calling Virgin takes you on a world tour of staff who have no relevant information and are only capable of booking another installation date. They apologise on one hand and then tell me to stop talking and listen to them while repeating the same script given out to them. After over 20 calls, hours on the phone, 4 days waiting for them and frustration that Virgin do not communicate with their own team let alone customers I got a response to my feedback on Trust pilot to find help here! I was able to speak to one member of staff, Charlotte, who did not seem to be reading from a list of questions and answers and was ready to listen. She gave me £50 credit. Still daughter having to travel 3 hours up and down to attend online classes she could have done at home. We parents have to pop out to our library to catch up on work related matters. Hey, as long as there is connection onboard the Galactic I guess we should be content!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Z92
Trouble shooter

Sounds about right. If you look at the other posts in this forum you'll see lots similar. 

It'll eventually be fixed in the coming weeks (sometimes can take several months...) just remember that any date that vm give you is an estimate and so don't book any date off work until they say everything is good to go. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Z92
Trouble shooter

Sounds about right. If you look at the other posts in this forum you'll see lots similar. 

It'll eventually be fixed in the coming weeks (sometimes can take several months...) just remember that any date that vm give you is an estimate and so don't book any date off work until they say everything is good to go. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rabin,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm terribly sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with your pre installation journey with us, I can completely see why you're frustrated.

I'll do my best to help with this and try to push for an installation as soon as possible. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and raise a complaint for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth. The issue has now been resolved as on the 01/10/21 the installation was completed and from 4 pm we have broadband. I shall look to find the appropriate place to share my experience but briefly I shall say it is the outsourcing of your services which is letting the company name down. The service whether over the phone or in person from a genuine employee has always been very good. Regards.

£50.00 credit for delays to your installation doesn't seem to be enough.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

We’ll automatically credit your bill for fixed phone line and broadband issues, no matter if you’re a new or existing customer. Here’s how much we’ll credit you for the following service issues:

• £8.06 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us
  • £5.04 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed
  • £25.18 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

As always there's the small print to look out for: Were the appointment dates provisional or confirmed?

If you require an engineer installation, we’ll arrange the most convenient date. If at the point of placing your order, we’re aware of any additional engineering work required in order to provide the service – such as the premises to our network, it may require third party permissions or permits outside of our control. In which case, we’ll provide a provisional activation date, but we may need to contact you to let you know if we need to confirm a different install date. If we have to change a provisional activation date, this will not trigger a credit under the scheme.

If we don’t install on any confirmed date we’ll automatically credit your bill with one payment (at £5 per day for how many days the issue lasted) once it’s fixed, providing you’re eligible.

It would be worthwhile checking your bill to ensure VM have followed their own policy on delayed installations.

For any delayed installation, we’ll automatically calculate what you’re owed and apply it to your bill, without you having to do a thing!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.